ASU keyboards

Tom Yates madhatter at teaparty.net
Thu Aug 28 10:03:47 CEST 2008

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008, Carsten Haitzler wrote:

> ok. i suck. i have screwed this defsault_profile monkey. 1 last time for
> the dummies (i.e. - me).
>
> 1. opkg install illume-config-illume (get illume's config panel and
> illume keyboard by default - this should be available)

which repository or repositories should i have enabled to get
illume-config-illume?  i'm running 20080827-asu-stable-rootfs with not too
much in the way of modification (yet; i only got the phone on 26/8).  i'm
sorry if i've jumped in in the middle of the discussion and have missed an
important pre-requisite.

> 2. opkg install illume-config (get qwery button)

that works, yup, thanks.  didn't see a wrench, though, which i was vaguely
expecting; have i misunderstood other postings?

> 2. echo 'E_PROFILE="-profile illume"' >
> /etc/enlightenment/default_profile (switch to the illume profile from
> asu)

sadly, that's what my /etc/enlightenment/default_profile already has in
it.

> 3. reboot (easiest way to get your x session going again as the
> default_profile is a command-line hack). :)
>
> that should do it!

ummm, it didn't - i just lost the qwerty button, and still the same old
keyboard popped up when i entered (eg) terminal.

getting rid of the qtopia keyboard in favour of a full, non-predictive
qwerty keyboard is one of my fondest aims at the moment, so i'd appreciate
any help you can give, and am happy to test stuff!

--

       Tom Yates  -  http://www.teaparty.net