Power drain on slee, Was: Customize Debian image in a mini desktop

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Thu Aug 28 14:22:38 CEST 2008

HI,

Am Donnerstag, den 28.08.2008, 12:19 +0530 schrieb Ganesha Krishna:
>     on an off note; I was testing suspend time day before yesterday,
> battery 100%, Zhone,xterm,keyboard running(minimum apps I need).
> Suspended FR at 3AM. tried to wake it up at 9AM (6hrs). FR battery is
> dead. battery reads 3.16V on multimeter. FR refuses to boot/charge the
> battery. Had to find a different battery to boot then hot swap the
> battery while charging to get back my FR. Lesson learned: Neo likes to
> be plugged in when (user is) asleep.

Quite strange, my Freerunner stays reliably in sleep (unless someone
calls and I don’t notice, of course), and consumes only a reasonable
amount of power – about what Timo reported in the “29 hours in suspend
=> 70% battery left” thread.

I use the kernel from 2008-08-05 (too lazy to upgrade). What’s yours?

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner