Workaround for suspend/resume SD card problems

Simon Matthews simon at karrak.id.au
Thu Aug 28 16:55:43 CEST 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-26 at 18:38 +0200, AVee wrote:

> Depending on your usage of the SD card you could also workaround the issue
> with a few symlinks. When the card is wrongly mounted just add symlinks to
> the new location of the content of the card in /media/card/. Once you did
> that /media/card will either contain the contents of the card (before
> suspend) or valid symlinks to the content of the card (after suspend) which
> works just as well.

I can't see how this will help if you are booted off the SD card and your
whole file system is on the card. Also this bug/fault is corrupting the
information on the SD card. If it is indeed a bug with the SD card
driver not providing enough SD clock cycles for the card to finish
executing commands it needs to be fixed with modification to the SD card
driver.

My workaround is only providing more clock cycles to the SD card. I
would be interested to know if anyone else has tried it and if it works
for them.

Simon