GPS hardlocks OM2008.08

Fox Mulder Quakeman1 at gmx.net
Thu Aug 28 18:22:56 CEST 2008

Alexey Kurochkin wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-08-28 at 17:07 +0200, Erland Lewin wrote:
>> 2008/8/28 Alexey Kurochkin <alexey.kurochkin at pathfinderlwd.com>
>>         When I run any program which uses GPS (Tango, locations,
>>         orrery,
>>         agps-ui) after some time OM hangs and nothing works. The only
>>         remedy is
>>         to remove the battery. On the other hand all these programs
>>         "work" fine
>>         while GPS is turned off. Just turning on GPS does not seem to
>>         produce
>>         the same effect unless some program is using it. I think it
>>         started
>>         after that update which fixed GSM problem. Any ideas?
>>
>> I wonder if this is what I'm seeing right now, but actually the
>> Freerunner is just running extremely slowly. I was logged in with SSH
>> over usb0, before it became super slow, and it takes minutes between
>> keypresses and a reaction in the shell. I'm trying to start 'top' now,
>> but I don't know if I'll have time to wait to see what's taking all
>> the time. I am running the 'locations' app.
>
> When memory is low performance usually decreases gradually as you described. In my case it stays responsive until suddenly locks, so I doubt it is memory problem.

I got the same problem when the memory usage comes to it's limit. I can
work with the neo many hours without any problems as far as i stay below
the memory limit. As soon as an application use too much memory it gets
slower and slower until it freezes in the end.
The only way to stop this is to kill the application which consumes too
much memory. But this is tricky because locally the neo doesn't
recognize inputs very well anymore so i have to kill it over ssh. After
killing this app the neo runs fine again. :/

Ciao,
     Rainer