WIFI on FR

Sarton O'Brien roguemoko at roguewrt.org
Fri Aug 29 07:29:52 CEST 2008

On Friday 29 August 2008 15:01:21 Jean-Eric Cuendet wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm unable to make the wifi working on my FR
> Could someone explain how to do it?
> I have an open access point, with DHCP. My laptop connects and works well
> with it.
>
> I go to Settings, then choose WIFI, then click on it : it passes to ON
> Then, after some seconds, I see my WIFI ESSID. I click on it (is that what
> should do) and nothing happens...

Are you obtaining a dhcp lease from your router?

It's likely to be the nameserver issue most people experience. For some reason
the nameserver obtained via udhcpc is not written to the symlinked location of
resolv.conf (/var/run/resolv.conf).

It's probably a good idea to ssh/terminal in and check iwconfig/ifconfig, make
sure you have an IP and then modify the network scripts to add your nameserver
to /var/run/resolv.conf

Somebody on here suggested adding the nameserver to a location on flash, so it
may be that the symlink for /etc/resolv.conf is overwritten by the networking
scripts in which case the file will either be /etc/resolv.conf or
/etc/networking/eth0 ... or something like that. This is off the top of my
head.

Stay tuned for a more comprehensive reply ... from someone else :)

Ahh there it is ... a wiki link ... of course :) ... but I'll send this
redundant information just in case ... this thread will be archived anyway and
there may be information lacking on the wiki.

Sarton