Getting rid of echo for callers.

Mike Baroukh mike at baroukh.com
Fri Aug 29 09:36:25 CEST 2008

If I understand correctly, it's not so easy : the problems are for
others personns.
- you have to give the phone to somebody,
- ask him to go away
- call him
- ssh remotely into your phone.
- ask him to speak while you use alsamixer don't forget to give him a book).

and this, if you can ssh remotely.
Else, you have to ssh from another computer to the computer on wich the
phone is plugged via usb.
So Easy ...

What I don't understand is why the settings have to be phone dependant.
If I'm not wrong, this settings depends not of the phone but of the gsm
operator.
If it's true, maybe we may add a wiki page depending on the operator,
isn't it ?
And if it's true, why not add gsm event that, on connect will choose the
appropriate .state file depending on wich operator is currently in use ?

Mike