some hardware suggestions

Christ van Willegen cvwillegen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 14:26:33 CEST 2008

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 1:28 PM, Nishit Dave <stargazer.dave at gmail.com> wrote:
> Would you prefer "aaah...thanks for using me as your phone", or "life, don't
> talk on me about it" modes?

I was listening to Fit the First and Fit the Second yesterday and
today, but both modes don't 'do it' for me...

I'd rather have a mode that... just works.

This is where location-aware (preferably in 4D) comes in. "Hey, you're
close to the supermarket, and it's open, and you need (these)
groceries". All this preferably e-spoken, ofcourse...

This is where a _good_ OpenStreetMap comes in. You'll need a map that
is as correct as possible, and with as many POI's on it as possible.
Get your government to open up its road database. It's already being
done in Europe, and the USA has already donated its Tiger database as
well.

Christ van Willegen
--
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0