Echo issue on OM2008.08 potentially solved

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Fri Aug 29 19:38:10 CEST 2008

On Friday 29 August 2008, Florian Hackenberger wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Thanks to a posting from "Freerunner_User" on the hardware mailing list
> [1], I got hold of the hidden AT commands concerning the AEC and noise
> reduction support of the TI Calypso. I quickly tried these commands and
> it solves the echo problem for me. I injected
> AT%N0187
> using minicom and gsm0710muxd on Om2008.08 while qpe was running. On the
> next call the echo was gone. I have not modified my alsa .state files
> at all and I'm running the official OM testing ASU branch.
> Cheers,
> 	Florian
>
> [1]
> http://n2.nabble.com/calypso-hardware-echo-suppression--tp784752p786187.htm

I was installing FSO to try those commands too. I just tried AT%N0187 and it
works. If you push the mic gain right up it will eventually start to break
through, but this is _much_ better than before. It's really easy to run on
FSO as gsm0710muxd and mickeyterm are already running. Just start a terminal,
run mickeyterm and issue the AT command, then exit with Ctrl-D. All
subsequent calls will be affected. You can even turn it off again mid call
using AT%N0001 if you want to compare back to back. I haven't tried fine
tuning  with any of the other values yet.