Echo issue on OM2008.08 potentially solved

Florian Hackenberger f.hackenberger at chello.at
Fri Aug 29 23:34:57 CEST 2008

On Friday 29 August 2008, Søren Kristiansen wrote:
> Could you describe the steps here a bit better? I can't get to the
> place where I should enter the AT command. This is what I did:
> minicom -s
> Select 'serial port setup' in the menu
> Press 'A' to change 'Serial Device' to the correct value.
> Press enter a couple of times to get to the main menu again

Actually press A, edit the value, press enter to confirm it (you are
back in the serial device menu. Then press ESC twice (exit the main
menu). It should print 'Initializing Modem'. After that you should be
able to type the AT command.
If that does not work for you, you can install the 'cu' package
(confirmed to be present in OM 2008.08 testing). And
execute 'cu -l /dev/pts/3' (adapt the device path) to bring up a chat
session with the modem. Try typing 'AT' end ENTER and it should respond
with 'OK'. Then enter the AT sequence and exit cu using '~.' ENTER.

Cheers,
	Florian

--
DI Florian Hackenberger