Any experiences with power hungry USB devices?

Michael Shiloh michael at openmoko.org
Sat Aug 30 06:17:20 CEST 2008

I'm working on documenting various aspects of our USB port.

We believe that the FreeRunner USB port should be capable of delivering
the standard USB high current of 500mA. We also believe that we respond
properly to USB negotiation of this current, up from the minimum of 100mA.

I suddenly remembered that someone posted about using a USB keyboard
that didn't work due to high current. However, the FreeRunner should be
able to provide exactly as much current as a desktop PC, which I assume
works with this keyboard.

If any of you have experienced difficulty with the FreeRunner powering
USB devices, please speak up.

Michael