ePDFviewer and reflowing text

Nishit Dave stargazer.dave at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 08:38:57 CEST 2008

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 2:43 AM, Risto H. Kurppa <risto at kurppa.fi> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 7:39 PM, Nishit Dave <stargazer.dave at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I have installed ePDFviewer from http://www.ginguppin.de/node/21 after
> > http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/feeds/2008/ipk/glibc/armv4t/ (and it
> > was a long list!)
>
> Could you please post the list here for others?

Sure, here it is, with the paths:

wget http://www.ginguppin.de/files/epdfview_poppler.tar.bz2 and untar
it to a temporary directory.

Then, do what is required as per the instructions here:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Epdfview

You will land on the verge of dependency hell.  These are the
libraries you will need to install:

libglib-2.0-0 (>= 2.16.4) *  gtk+ (>= 2.12.11) *  libcairo2 (>= 1.6.4)
*  libpoppler-glib3 (>= 0.8.4) in addition to libfreetype6 (>=2.3.6)
and libgcc1_4.2.4-r3.  Oh, and you also need libpixman-1-0_0.10.0

Most of the libraries required are not available at all, or with the
correct versions, in the OM repositories.  I installed the package
late last night, so I don't remember the exact sequence of all of
this, and some other minor sub-dependencies, but there is no need to
panic.

You can just get everything from
http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/feeds/2008/ipk/glibc/armv4t/base/

The more experienced users can add the feed as a repository and let
opkg take all the trouble, but I don't know if this disrupts your
regular updates:

echo src/gz angstrom-2008
http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/feeds/2008/ipk/glibc/armv4t/base/
> /etc/opkg/angstrom.conf
and
opkg update

Then: <root at om-gta02:your/temp/directory/location># opkg install
epdfview_0.1.6-r3_armv4t.ipk

If you are fine with the extra effort versus risk, better try doing it
like this without adding the repo:
(exampli gratia)
opkg install http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/feeds/2008/ipk/glibc/armv4t/base/libpixman-1-0_0.10.0-r0_armv4t.ipk
(this was probably the lowest level dependency that needed to be
installed)

When you install gtk+ from angstrom-distribution.org (provided other
dependencies are satisfied), you will run up to an error with it's
wanting to replace some libraries.  I used the -force-overwrite option
to do it, YMMV.

The best way is to start from the epdfview package, and install
dependencies as they come up.  It is best accomplished through SSH,
with the angstrom feed open in a browser, so you can directly copy and
paste the package urls.

HTH.

Now what about reflowing text?