Mokomakefile

Marek Lindner marek at openmoko.com
Sat Aug 30 08:45:08 CEST 2008

On Saturday, 30. August 2008 14:08:48 Rod Whitby wrote:
> I'm still waiting for Openmoko to decide which branch they are using, so
> I can advise people how to build Om2008.8 properly using MokoMakefile.

The decision is made. Julian tried to explain it before but I can try it
again:

> It used to be org.openmoko.asu.stable, but then someone from openmoko
> said they were going to concentrate on org.openmoko.dev instead.

org.openmoko.asu.stable is the current stable branch on which we base our
releases. We will continue to provide updates/fixes to make it work more
reliably.
This way of releasing is too static and too hard to tweak. Therefore we
started a new way of releasing - the "base / empty" image style that is
coming out of org.openmoko.dev. It wont have other aplications preinstalled
other than settings and installer. Everyone can create his "dream phone".
Many things have to be merged and reorganized, so that it is work in
progress. Once it proves to be stablized it will become our new stable.

Marek