Is it possible to netboot a FreeRunner?

Andreas Zuber zuber at puzzle.ch
Sat Aug 30 11:42:06 CEST 2008

Am Samstag 30 August 2008 10:06:01 schrieb Torfinn Ingolfsen:
> Hi,
>
> I just got a strange idea into my head. So I'll ask a possibly silly
> question:
>
> Is it possble to netboot a Neo FreeRunner? Can you netboot at all over usb?
> Does uboot have netbot support?

I know uboot from an other embedded system, where it was installed, and it is
able to download a kernel from a tftp server to the memory. This is done by
the "tftpboot" command.
There is also a "dhcp" command so uboot can get an ip for the network.

But i dont know if uboot can handle the usb as a network device. Someone has
already tried this?

Regards
Andy