[Bug Filing Policy] please read before crate ticket

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Sat Aug 30 12:46:41 CEST 2008

On Saturday 30 August 2008 05:29:38 Stroller wrote:
> On 29 Aug 2008, at 11:36, regina wrote:
> > when you guys Report please follow below thing otherwise *we will
> > close
> > that ticket immediately.*
> > Please Read this first  http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/
> > Bug_Filing_Policy
>
> It's not much use having a list of requirements without which "we
> will close that ticket immediately", pointing us to a wiki page and
> then NOT	HAVING A LIST OF THOSE REQUIREMENTS ON THAT WIKI PAGE.
>
> Also the title "less is more" on that wiki page doesn't make much
> sense. Those are sensible requirements in that section, but you want
> less than that??
>
> And honestly, "me too" will cause the engineers not to look at the
> issue? How about "i can reproduce this, also"? Because if I don't
> have time to provide more info I will happily add an "i can reproduce
> this, also" comment so that you know the bug is not an isolated case.

Well, the reality is we have a lot of people screaming me too where it is
simply not the case. So the six comments they leave behind is anything but
useful to this report (sure their problems need addressing and they can file
a new ticket or go to the support ml).

Confirming the bug or providing additional information (log file) is good but
after the second logfile normally the information does not increase anymore.

If you are willing to help you can monitor the bug. Add yourself to CC, set a
bookmark and see if more information come by or if there is something to
test.

And sure we have different kind of bugs. E.g. if you currently experience
#1597 and have a debug board attached I sure want to know this and want to
debug on irc/jabber. But these are mostly limited to kernel issues and are 5
of 2000 bugreports.

z.