2008.8: Enlightenment crashing at bootup after upgrade

Michael Zanetti michael_zanetti at gmx.net
Sat Aug 30 14:06:22 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I ran into this problem now for the second time. The first time I had
installed 2008.8 with zeckes feed. After a some days opkg update && opkg
upgrade destroyed my enlightenment installation. At startup it crashes
(SIGSEV) leaving me with a MessageBox with options for retrying or exiting.
Retry doesn't help.

Because of this I decided to re-flash my Neo and installed 2008.8-update
(original feeds). The first 2 days everything was working fine. Today I
executed an opkg update && opkg upgrade and I'm stuck with the same problem.

Has anyone an Idea how to restore enlightenment, so that I don't have to re-
flash and start from the beginning?

I have already tried to reinstall e-wm and illume via opkg -force-reinstall.
Didn't fix it...

Thanks in advance,
Michael