GSoC OpenMoko Bluetooth remote controller - now with Gestures

Valerio Valerio vdv100 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 15:26:22 CEST 2008

2008/8/29 Yorick Moko <yorickmoko at gmail.com>

> On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 9:21 PM, Yorick Moko <yorickmoko at gmail.com> wrote:
> > When it can't connect to anything it just keeps stating "Waiting for
> > connection" on Om2008.8-upgrade I can not close it. Closing it by
> > pressing on the cross or in the topbar does not work. Killall remoko
> > also has no effect; nor does killal python; I have to killall -9
> > python.
> >
> > I have only one bluetooth enabled device nearby: my ps3.
> > I go to manage bluetooth devices and let it scan and then I start
> > remoko. It never finds the phone, while it does find the carkit of my
> > mother when she parks right outside.
> > What do I need to do to make it work?
> > (if you need some more info, just ask and I'll happily provide it)

> Update:
> It now shows the BlueZ (0) device
> but when I select "register" on my PS3 i get:
> "An error occurred during the register operation. Try to register
> again. (80010009)"

This happens because the PS3 is trying to register a special service record,
the ReMoko app have a standard keyboard and mouse combo service record. Do
you know if is possible to use a standard bluetooth keyboard in the PS3 ? I
only know that is possible to use some special bluetooth keyboard, that only
work in the PS3.

The PS3 and the WII have a custom Bluetooth HID profile, so the standard
bluetooth mouse's and keyboard's are not expected to work in the consoles.

Best regards,

--
Valério Valério

http://www.valeriovalerio.org