Repository and Images

Radek Bartoň blackhex at post.cz
Sat Aug 30 21:55:02 CEST 2008

Dne Wednesday 27 of August 2008 10:33:25 Marek Lindner napsal(a):
> Hi,
>
> this merits some more details:
> >    *) Base Images and repository
> >       We have a base image. It is minimal image plus Window
> >       Manager(e-wm), Om-settings and Om-installer.
>
> We will shift away from preinstalled phone stack images. Instead, we
> provide a "base image" which allows you to install your preferred
> applications (GTK/Qtopia/SHR/FSO/etc) and really own your phone.
> Currently, we are in the process of getting this system running smoothly.
> Early adopters / testers / developers are invited to test it. We also
> encourage $your_project to be built by our auto builder and become
> installable on the base image. This should give you the time to focus on
> improving your project instead of building and distributing it.
> The "unstable" package feed will always contain your latest code, "testing"
> the version you think is ready for use.

Does this mean that I should use
http://downloads.openmoko.org/repository/testing/ repositories to update
Trolltech's Qtopia image (qtopia-4.3.2-gta02-rootfs-release-08280107.jffs2)
from now instead of default ones http://buildhost.openmoko.org/daily-feed/?

--
Ing. Radek Bartoň

Faculty of Information Technology
Department of Computer Graphics and Multimedia
Brno University of Technology

E-mail: blackhex at post.cz
Web: http://blackhex.no-ip.org
Jabber: blackhex at jabber.cz