GSoC OpenMoko Bluetooth remote controller - now with Gestures

Stroller stroller at stellar.eclipse.co.uk
Sun Aug 31 08:12:54 CEST 2008

On 30 Aug 2008, at 14:26, Valerio Valerio wrote:
>>> I have only one bluetooth enabled device nearby: my ps3.  I go to
>>> manage bluetooth devices and let it scan and then I start
>>> remoko. It never finds the phone, while it does find the carkit
>>> of my  mother when she parks right outside.  What do I need to do
>>> to make it work?  (if you need some more info, just ask and I'll
>>> happily provide it)
>>
>> Update:
>> It now shows the BlueZ (0) device
>> but when I select "register" on my PS3 i get:
>> "An error occurred during the register operation. Try to register
>> again. (80010009)"
>

> This happens because the PS3 is trying to register a special
> service record, the ReMoko app have a standard keyboard and mouse
> combo service record. Do you know if is possible to use a standard
> bluetooth keyboard in the PS3 ? I only know that is possible to use
> some special bluetooth keyboard, that only work in the PS3.
>
> The PS3 and the WII have a custom Bluetooth HID profile, so the
> standard bluetooth mouse's and keyboard's are not expected to work
> in the consoles.

I don't have a bluetooth keyboard or mouse here to test, but
allegedly support for them was added in the 1.6 update some time ago
(PS3 is now at firmware 2.1 or so). I can't, however, find any
confirmation that these devices (with a standard HID) work with the
PS3 - perhaps one or two forum posts saying "this keyboard works ok",
but there appears to have been at least one designed-for-PS3 keyboard
released (by Logitech, and it was in development before 1.6).

"Rest assured that there is absolutely no chance of a dangerous
equipment malfunction prior to your victory candescence."

Stroller.