GsmBluetooth state file for gta02

Jim Morris ml at e4net.com
Sun Aug 31 09:39:51 CEST 2008

Lorn Potter wrote:
> Jim Morris wrote:
>> Cesar Eduardo Barros wrote:
>>> That would be sound/soc/codecs/wm8753.c and
>>> sound/soc/s3c24xx/neo1973_gta02_wm8753.c on the kernel source code.
>>> Take a look:
>>>
>>> http://git.openmoko.org/?p=kernel.git;a=blob;f=sound/soc/codecs/wm8753.c;hb=stable
>>>
>>> http://git.openmoko.org/?p=kernel.git;a=blob;f=sound/soc/s3c24xx/neo1973_gta02_wm8753.c;hb=stable
>>>

>>> The mapping is there, you only have to find out how it's described.
>>>

>> Thanks for the pointers. Thats 2,000 lines of code that is about as
>> clear as mud! (and I've written audio drivers before).
>>
>> There is no mention of Bluetooth in these drivers, and no indication
>> how to switch into bluetooth mode.
>>
>> Obviously gta01 was very different, and it is not even clear that the
>> gsmbluetooth.state even worked on a gta01, at least I've never seen
>> any gta01 user claim they had it working.
>
> bluetooth audio on the gta01 will never work, even with that bluetooth
> alsa state.

Ok well it didn't work, attached is the gsmbluetooth.state file I am trying to use if anyone is
interested and wants to try it. I set this as best I could from comparing the differences between
the gsmhandset.state and gsmheadset.state for the gta01 and transcribing to gta02 as best as
possible given the undocumented differences between the two.

After calling the cell phone I did an alsactl -f gsmbluetooth.state restore.

In the process I just discovered the Qtopia (this is for you Lorn ;) did not load
/usr/share/openmoko/scenarios/gsmhandset.state when the call was answered, I had to do it manually,
I'm pretty sure this is a regression.

Also the options available in the menu when in a call to set speakerphone handset or bluetooth do
not seem to do anything.

I'm pretty much out of ideas on how to get a working gsmbluetooth.state file for gta02, so someone
else chime in if you think of anything.

I see this as a show stopper for the unit being usable as a phone so if anyone at OM cares I'd get
on it ASAP.

--
Jim Morris, http://blog.wolfman.com