contacts: lookup on incoming call

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Sun Aug 31 10:15:44 CEST 2008

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 05:33:00PM +1000, roguemoko at roguewrt.org wrote:
> Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 01:46:48PM +0100, Tom Yates wrote:
> >> but when i'm in the UK, and a UK call comes in, it shows up as just having
> >> a local number (eg 07971 123456).
> >>
> >> these two numbers are functionally the same, but the contacts-lookup that
> >> happens won't identify the caller as fred friend unless i edit the
> >> contacts entry to say 07971... rather than +447971... .
> >
> > Simple matching algorithm: match from right to left to numbers on
> > agenda.
>
> Prepend call notification with 'likely to be ...' in the case of
> anything but an exact match.

I find it very hard that in the extremely small database of contacts on
your phone (it's tiny in terms of databases) that you'll have a fuzzy
match.

Specially, because you'll have a big number match.

Comparing phone numbers when you have optional data to the left means
you gotta do the comparison from the right :)

Rui

--
Pzat!
Today is Pungenday, the 24th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3174
+ So let's do it...?