Om2008.8 - latest update - FR suspends after 30 secs - unconditionally

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 14:46:05 CEST 2008

Hello,

I just flashed my FreeRunner with the latest kernel and rootfs from
Om2008.8 update[1]. Images dated August 31st, to be precise.
After booting, I discovered that the FR suspends after 30 secs. No
problem, I'll just go into settings and turn off suspend.

But it doesn't work. No matter what I set suspend to, it always
suspends after 30 secs (unless I continually tap the screen).

I guess everybody understands how frustrating it is trying to work
with a device that suspends every 30 secs. Since I don't have three
hands, it is very difficult to to try to fix things via usb.
I see from the support list that a couple of other people also have
disovered this issue, but no solution. I tried looking at trac, but
couldn't find anything.

Please, any hints on how to fix this?

On a general note: could we ask to have all new images shipped with
suspend _off_ until the devlopement is finished at least?
And preferably tested as well....