QTopia 4.3.2 resume on incomming SMS bug

Thomas B. tommy.b at gmx.net
Sun Aug 31 14:53:54 CEST 2008

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 11:16:14AM +0200, Clemens Kirchgatterer wrote:
> Daniel Selinger <slite at gmx.at> wrote:
>
> > The only thing i recognized is, when receiving an sms while in
> > suspend, the phone resumes, but doesn't notify me about an incoming
> > sms, and when i go to the messaging app, there is nothing new in the
> > inbox. In fact i know 'something' arrived, because the phone woke up
> > from suspend.
> >
> > All messages which were received during suspend 'arrive' when the
> > first sms comes in while the phone is awake.
> >
> > Sent 3 sms during suspend (always waited between until the phone
> > suspended again), no alert. Wake the phone up manually, no alert.
> > Send the first sms while awake. Phone alerts me that i have received 4
> > new sms messages.
> >
> > Maybe someone can tell me where to report bugs in the QTopia image.
>
> this sounds awully like:
>
> https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/1792
>
> hope this helps.

Sounds similar, but I doubt that it is the same issue, because #1792 was
caused by an Openmoko specific patch to the Qtopia source, which
probably isn't included in the original Qtopia.

Anyway, a hint for diagnosing this problem is to get log data to see how
and where it fails. I guess logging isn't enabled by default in Qtopia,
but AFAIK it can be enabled by copying
/opt/Qtopia/etc/default/Trolltech/Log.conf to
~/Settings/Trolltech/Log.conf and enabling some logging options there
(in particular "AtChat" for the communication with the GSM modem). The
logs can then be read with "logread".

HTH,
Thomas