Echo issue on OM2008.08 solved

Geoff Ruscoe gcruscoe at sigmavisions.com
Sun Aug 31 15:20:34 CEST 2008

Okay so I downloaded:
https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/raw-attachment/ticket/1267/qtopia-phone-x11-phonevendor-ficgta01vendor_4.3.2%2Bgit2%2B13101ab6ddaec380871ae8021a92140af526c4df-r38.05_om-gta02.opk

Is this installable on 2008.08 w/ upgrades?

So I can do a

opkg install -force-downgrade
qtopia-phone-x11-phonevendor-ficgta01vendor_4.3.2+git2+13101ab6ddaec380871ae8021a92140af526c4df-r38.05_om-gta02.opk

To try to fix the echo issue?

Or is this not for 2008.08 w/ upgrades?

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 9:10 AM, Florian Hackenberger <
f.hackenberger at chello.at> wrote:

> On Sunday 31 August 2008, Petr Vanek wrote:
> > I have installed the new libficgta01vendor.so file but no help, echo
> > still persists. I got the same error as other people ("Not
> > Downgrading"), so manual replacement of the previous
> > libficgta01vendor.so by the new one was necessary. I have also
> > tweaked my alsa settings a bit hoping that in a combination this
> > would be sufficient but it didn't help.
>
> I tested the patch by confirming that there is an echo by calling the
> freerunner, then installed the package (--force-downgrade is required),
> rebooted and placed another call. The echo was gone. Some people
> however still complain about the echo. It seems to depend on the
> speaker volume, but I'll investigate a bit further. It's just that my
> time for working on the phone is very limited. I did the patch
> (including the test) in about 2 hours and haven't had any time since
> then. Please be patient and report your experience. I'm pretty
> confident that we can solve this issue.
>
> Cheers,
>        Florian
>
> --