Echo issue on OM2008.08 solved

roguemoko at roguewrt.org roguemoko at roguewrt.org
Sun Aug 31 16:31:39 CEST 2008

Florian Hackenberger wrote:
> On Sunday 31 August 2008, Petr Vanek wrote:
>
>> I have installed the new libficgta01vendor.so file but no help, echo
>> still persists. I got the same error as other people ("Not
>> Downgrading"), so manual replacement of the previous
>> libficgta01vendor.so by the new one was necessary. I have also
>> tweaked my alsa settings a bit hoping that in a combination this
>> would be sufficient but it didn't help.
>>

> I tested the patch by confirming that there is an echo by calling the
> freerunner, then installed the package (--force-downgrade is required),
> rebooted and placed another call. The echo was gone. Some people
> however still complain about the echo. It seems to depend on the
> speaker volume, but I'll investigate a bit further. It's just that my
> time for working on the phone is very limited. I did the patch
> (including the test) in about 2 hours and haven't had any time since
> then. Please be patient and report your experience. I'm pretty
> confident that we can solve this issue.

I installed the package (raster+om2008-updated) and the echo did
decrease quite bit. Unfortunately it was still there though, but very faint.

Adjusting my mixer/state settings to those specified in another thread
removed it completely but other levels were too soft. I think the
settings were probably compensating too much and could be backed off a bit.

Not sure which levels to alter but it'd probably be a good idea to get
the guys from the other thread in on this as they are actively modifying
the values to eliminate the echo. It's looking like a combination might
be the way.

Thanks.

Sarton