debian/apm/apmd - experimenting

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Sun Aug 31 21:32:43 CEST 2008

> I already use the newest kernel with debian.

2008-08-31 21:29:43,869 ERROR Exception in handler for D-Bus signal:
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/dbus/connection.py", line 214,
in maybe_handle_message
     self._handler(*args, **kwargs)
   File "/usr/bin/X11/zhone", line 1962, in cbEvent
     self.gsm_device_iface.PrepareForSuspend()
   File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/dbus/proxies.py", line 140, in
__call__
     **keywords)
   File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/dbus/connection.py", line 622,
in call_blocking
     message, timeout)
DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a
reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a
reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply
timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

that's what zhone.log says, when i press pwr to send the fr into sleep
with the buildhost kernel+modules from yesterday.

> Maybe i should try it with the default kernel instead. I have a little
> I would love to suspend my neo with a short press of the power button
> and resume it with another press. :)

well, with the default (installation) kernel that works.
i'm switching back right now.