ogpsd aiding.dat position dictionary has bad values

digger vermont dv_mlist at verizon.net
Sun Aug 31 22:17:26 CEST 2008

Hello,

I have fso-testing installed from Bearstech on a Freerunner.  From
Bearstech's fso-unstable branch I have installed frameworkd,
frameworkd-config, and zhone.

I was happy to find a file called /aiding.dat and thought I'd check it
out through zhone.  After getting a gps fix I went back to the main
screen in zhone which powered off the gps and wrote a new aiding.dat
file.  So far great.  I go back to the gps screen in zhone and
unfortunately it still takes a long time to get a fix. Too bad.

In a python shell I took a look at aiding.dat using marshal.load and
found:

 a['position'] = {'x': 0, 'y': 0, 'z': 635725231}

That doesn't seem right to me but unfortunately that's about the point
at which I start to get lost.

Is that a known issue?  I didn't see any ticket for it at
http://trac.freesmartphone.org

digger