[debian/e17] Noise on receipt of SMS

Jelle De Loecker skerit at kipdola.com
Tue Dec 2 20:03:57 CET 2008

Op dinsdag 02-12-2008 om 17:49 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Yorick
Moko:
> have you tried closing and re-starting zhone?
>
> On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 5:35 PM, Neil Jerram <neiljerram at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > Running debian and e17... occasionally I get a strange (but nice)
> > noise from my phone, and I've just managed to correlate this with
> > someone sending me an SMS.  But I don't see any message appearing in
> > the Zhone UI - where should I be looking?
> >
> > If I reboot into Qtopia, the new message appears.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >         Neil

I've also had some problems with receiving and sending SMS messages
through Zhone on Debian.

I can try to send a message but most of them never arrive. Zhone won't
give me any errors, either.
(Some messages I send get saved in my inbox with a (sent) prefix, which
is good, but most of them just vanish without a trace.)

I even had some problems with deleting messages and even adding
contacts.

I'm not complaining here, I know what I was getting myself into, I'm
just sharing my experience with it. (I'm trying to install the shr
applications on debian)

Oh, and I like the "incoming sms" sound, too. Very nice to hear.

Greetings,
Jelle De Loecker