First impressions on new Android rootfs

Gothnet openmoko at nastylittlehorse.net
Wed Dec 3 16:19:54 CET 2008

Sean McNeil wrote:

> bluetooth is setup to work with the new andy-tracking kernel. They've
> switched to using an rfkill switch which I didn't implement in the
> 2.6.26 kernel.

> I forgot there is a permission setting in /init.rc that needs to be
> changed as well. Essentially change pcf50633-bl to gta02-bl.

> Yep, I'm working with Rui to get this in.

So in summary - use the tracking kernel because it's got more functionality
(BT etc) and hang on for a new rootfs with a keyboard and backlight control
enabled?

Any ETA on next rootfs?

/NOW! I Want it NOW!
//just kidding, though am interested because android currently looks like
the best possibility of turning my neo from an interesting looking brick to
an actual phone