[Android] Converting a brick into a phone

Steve Mosher steve at openmoko.com
Thu Dec 11 07:29:23 CET 2008

  A list on the wiki of all severe problems and the end user details
would be great, especially for future reference. Some of the problems,
like Buzz, 1024 (recamp) seem to happen to some people and not others.
I never had the buzz problem, go figure.

1. problems:  WSOD, recamp, Buzz, echo  ( insert gripe)
2. End user data:
    a. email (optional)
    b. Date code on phone ( under battery)
    c.  s/n
     d. p/n
    e carrier.
    f. 900Mhz or 850?
    g distro  etc...

anything else? It might be nice to know what band the phone is operating
on ( 900/1800/1900) if that's possible.

Steve