[SHR] network link down on windows after opkg update

Julien Cassignol ainulindale at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 13:54:58 CET 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 1:45 PM, Thomas B <tommy.b at gmx.net> wrote:

> I think the reason for this issue is a change in the initscripts. I
> fixed it by forcing an install of the package initscripts-shr as a
> replacement for initscripts (opkg hadn't done that automatically,
> because the difference in versioning made it look like a downgrade).

Well, unfortunately, guys, we generate images at an insane rate these
days to test our (in fact MrMoku's) patches for fastboot and such. We
also changed a bunch of revisions, and some package naming
conventions, which were, sufficed to say, ugly.

That's why these days, opkg update'ing wasn't a good solution :-).

I'd suggest to reflash if this kind of problem surfaces again. Don't
worry, though, as soon as our unstable image building process will be
fine, we won't apply this stuff directly on testing.

--
Julien Cassignol
http://www.ainulindale.net