Black SOD for a change

Micha? Brzozowski rusolis at poczta.fm
Wed Dec 17 00:24:09 CET 2008

Andy Green wrote:

> | Okay; two Freerunner units, one restores semi-okay, one's screen
> | typically goes all black after an otherwise successful restore (not
> | before showing the appropriate display for a moment though), doesn't
>
> I wouldn't assume this is a kernel issue, but if you think it might be,
> you should try andy-tracking kernel from git or here:
> http://people.openmoko.org/andy and see if it changes the behaviour.
> The suspend and resume action is very different in these 2.6.28 kernels.

I have the same thing with the older kernel.  The device is working
after resume, but the screen is black.  On the contrary, the newest
andy-tracking fails to resume in the first place :-), the phone is just
dead until I pull out the battery and boot again.  Any hint on how to
get a usable kernel?  One that gives >2 days of battery life as someone
reported would be best :-)

Zjedz dzis kolacje przy swiecach!  Ministerstwo ¦rodowiska radzi:
oszczedzaj energie elektryczna! http://video.interia.pl/obejrzyj,film,104060