Acustic 'empty battery warning' ?

Lothar Behrens lothar.behrens at lollisoft.de
Wed Dec 17 14:12:56 CET 2008

Hmm,

using the clock to wake me up in the morning would be an option to
check the
battery.

It even wakes up, or boots, if I have shut down the phone :-)

If the clock is not at a really alarm time (to wake me up :-),
it could configure the next wakeup to check the battery.

Is that a solution if PMU doesn't support us with another solution ?

Lothar

Am 17.12.2008 um 13:35 schrieb William Kenworthy:

> Doesnt it already do that - I know that in the middle of the night I
> used to get regularly awakened by a "shfffft" sound from the Fr as the
> battery ran out - oh wait, you mean before ...
>
> :)
>
> Its actually a good idea - I use a couple of perl scripts to flash the
> leds in various colours/rates to indicate charge.  Doesnt help when
> shut
> down though.  Perhaps a cron job to wake every hour and check the
> charge, then go back to sleep?  Does cron work on the FR these days?
>
> BillK
>

> On Wed, 2008-12-17 at 14:16 +0200, Timo Juhani Lindfors wrote:
>> Lothar Behrens <lothar.behrens at lollisoft.de> writes:
>>> Is there a way to do this ?
>>
>> while true; do
>>  if [ `capacity` -lt 10 ]; then
>>      alert
>>  fi
>>  sleep 120
>> done
>>
>>> Is there also a way when the device is in suspend mode, to wakeup
>>> and
>>> do this warning ?
>>
>> I'm guessing yes but I do not know the PMU stuff well.

> --
> William Kenworthy <billk at iinet.net.au>
> Home in Perth!

-- | Rapid Prototyping | XSLT Codegeneration | http://www.lollisoft.de