[QTExtended] cannot store alsa state

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Thu Dec 18 12:58:50 CET 2008

On Thursday 18 December 2008, Giorgio Marci wrote:
> I adjust the volume on QTExt 4.4.2 using alsamixer and then i'd like to
> store its state, but the command
>
> alsactl -f path_to_file.state store
>
> doesn't seem to work and, after that i make or receive a call, the state
> returns to default!
>
> How can i save the alsa state permanently?

The command looks correct, but you need to give it the right path and filename
for the state you are trying to modify. You could always take a copy of the
file before and after, and diff them to check your changes have been saved. I
assume you know there are multiple state files that the applications will
switch between as required.