[QTExtended] cannot store alsa state

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Thu Dec 18 14:12:01 CET 2008

I'm not certain on QTExtended, but /usr/share/openmoko/scenarios/ is the usual
location on most of the distros. You can use any filename you like, but the
applications will only use the filenames they expect. I don't know if these
are configurable or hardcoded in QTExtended. The names should be fairly
self-explanatory when you see them in the directory. The phone will probably
spend most of its time using stereoout.state so that the ringtone or music
playback happens through the speaker. When you pick up a call the dialler
will switch it to gsmhandset.state, and back to stereoout.state when you hang
up. It may use headset.state and gsmheadset.state if the wired headset is
plugged in, or gsmstereoout if the speakerphone setting is used.

To use a state file manually run:
	alsactl -f /path/to/file.state restore