Stage of GTA03 development?

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Fri Dec 19 02:10:59 CET 2008

On Thu, 2008-12-18 at 12:24 +0100, Michael Zanetti wrote:
> As It seems this thread is becoming more and more some sort of a whish-list, I
> will put my 2ct here also:
>
> - Please don't add a camera: Has ever anyone made a picture with a mobile
> phone camera that doesn't suck? Get a real camera if you want to make some
> nice pictures! There is just one way to get a useful camera within a mobile
> phone: Using very expensive optical lens and zooming technologies. But in that

Actually, please add a camera.  Many techos (that is those who work in
technical areas) use the mobile phone camera in their work.  I.e.,
photos of situations, faults etc for reference/passing on to support
etc.  Only one device to carry, and its always with you.  Yes early ones
were barely adequate (I used a Palm treo for this), but others moved
onto nokias etc when they came with better cameras.

And how many controversial situations hit the news where a mobile phone
camera was used as its on the spot and available?

Not talking professional photography here, but a useful tool.
Billk