Stage of GTA03 development?

Joel Newkirk freerunner at newkirk.us
Fri Dec 19 05:50:35 CET 2008

On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 10:10:59 +0900, "W.Kenworthy" <billk at iinet.net.au>
wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-12-18 at 12:24 +0100, Michael Zanetti wrote:
>> As It seems this thread is becoming more and more some sort of a
> whish-list, I
>> will put my 2ct here also:
>>
>> - Please don't add a camera: Has ever anyone made a picture with a
> mobile
>> phone camera that doesn't suck? Get a real camera if you want to make
> some
>> nice pictures! There is just one way to get a useful camera within a
> mobile
>> phone: Using very expensive optical lens and zooming technologies. But
> in that
>
> Actually, please add a camera.  Many techos (that is those who work in
> technical areas) use the mobile phone camera in their work.  I.e.,
> photos of situations, faults etc for reference/passing on to support
> etc.  Only one device to carry, and its always with you.  Yes early ones
> were barely adequate (I used a Palm treo for this), but others moved
> onto nokias etc when they came with better cameras.
>
> And how many controversial situations hit the news where a mobile phone
> camera was used as its on the spot and available?
>
> Not talking professional photography here, but a useful tool.
> Billk

Unfortunately there are also those in technical areas who are prohibited
from having a camera in the workplace.  There are other situations where
it's prohibited (at least in my experience) like courthouses.

It's one of those pretty clear-cut "you'll never please everyone"
situations.  Both wishes (with/without) are valid with good reasons behind
them, but clearly a single device can't deliver both.  (without a removable
cam, which would then be the pro/anti removable conflict ;)

Joel Newkirk
http://jthinks.com      (blog)
http://newkirk.us/om (FR stuff)