Performance Issues using Neo wifi and WPA2

john dowd jdowdster at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 15:57:36 CET 2008

I have a Neo freerunner running the 2008.9 load. I have it configured
to connect using Wifi to my access point using WPA2 encryption. I do
NOT have a SIMM card in my phone.

I have managed to make a connection to the PBX sitting on the other
side of the Access Point. However, the audio that I'm getting is so
badly broken that it's incomprehensible. I have seen the CPU
utilization going to 78% using top (not a good way to measure I know).

What I'm wondering is, does the Neo have the horsepower to be able to
do this? Is this just an optimization problem that can be addressed or
am I pushing the phone beyond it's ability.

Cheers!!

--
                              John Dowd
                              jdowd at slashdevslashnull.org