[Om 2008.12] No ssh / no wifi ?

Ed Kapitein ed at kapitein.org
Sun Dec 21 14:25:13 CET 2008

Linus Gasser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the same problem - did they put in a non-compatible kernel
> version with regards to module? Does anybody have a working Om 2008.12
> version?
>
> I checked the md5sums and they seem to be OK.
>
> - Is it necessary to flash more than the JFFS and the uImage?
> - Do I need to flash the u-boot, too?
> - And what is the "lowlevel" for?
> - Does anyone have a working Om 2008.12 with USB and/or Wifi?
>
> Looking forward,
>
> Linus

Hi Linus,

I ran into a similar problem.
The solution that worked for me was:

 dfu-util -a kernel -R -D Om2008.12-om-gta02.uImage.bin
 dfu-util -a rootfs -R -D Om2008.12-om-gta02.rootfs.jffs2
 dfu-util -a u-boot -R -D gta02v5_and_up-u-boot.bin

Some of that might not be needed, but i did it anyway.
After it booted i had no working usb.
so i powered it down, removed the battery and usb cord, waited a few
secs and powered it back on again.
Now it did work as expected.
notice that the first boot took almost 2 minutes, while the second boot
took a little under a a minute.
i hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Ed