Stage of GTA03 development?

Sargun Dhillon xbmodder+openmoko at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 13:12:16 CET 2008

Does OM even sell that many units? I thought it was more in the 3-5k
range as of now. The Telit module would be nice, but is quite
expensive. I've also looked at Sierra, but all their modules are
MiniPCI based. One of the neat things about going with a Telit module,
would be OM could ship with the 'low-end' modem (GSM/GPRS/EDGE,
maybe?), and it would be user-upgradeable to a 3/3G/CDMA module.
Additionally, if Telit puts out new modules in the future, we could
just purchase those and stick them in our phones. It'd be nice if
OpenMoko resold them at a discounted price of course :-).

I understand the antenna problem, and RF issues. We would have to
figure out a way to make that work.

For now: I am very happy with the choice of the mc75i.