2008.12 and USB network Ubuntu Intrepid

Simon Kagstrom simon.kagstrom at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 09:20:07 CET 2008

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 23:11:00 +0100
Pander <pander at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> What complete set of configuration changes and shell scripts are you
> using? Please update the Wiki if it is out of date because once I got
> it running and now (because I'm not a networking/iptables crack) it
> is not anymore. Thanks.

Probably the wiki instructions work for some/most distributions, I was
just unable to get it working for Ubuntu (Hardy heron). What I do is
just

  iptables -A POSTROUTING -t nat -j MASQUERADE -s 192.168.0.0/24
  sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_forward=1

and then run the script I pasted. The above stuff is from the Wiki.
There is probably some proper fix for the problem, but I don't know how
it's supposed to work (editing /etc/network/interafces doesn't work
for me at least).

// Simon