[FSO/SHR/debian] SMS location app

Angus Ainslie angus.ainslie at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 18:47:33 CET 2008

On Thu, Dec 25, 2008 at 9:11 AM, Florian Hackenberger
<f.hackenberger at chello.at> wrote:
> On Thursday 25 December 2008, William Kenworthy wrote:
>> encryption has overhead - more than a 160 characters allows without
>> tricks.
> Sure it has overhead. This makes it useless for text messages. Control
> messages however can be very short. I tried it with the string 'loc' (3
> bytes/chars) and the gpg signature is 99 bytes long. That sums up to
> 102 bytes and fits easily into a 160char SMS.
>
> Cheers,
>        Florian

Some kind of authentication is on the todo list.

What I was also thinking were a few other commands such as a lost mode
where it will only display contact information for the owner. A
tracking mode where it might send location every x minutes.

I'd also like to add different return messages via smtp.

Angus