Wiki - confusion

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at openmoko.com
Sun Feb 3 10:15:41 CET 2008

JW -

> Should i just go ahead and change the core structure to being
> correct and the
> rest will follow?    Is there someone overlooking wiki structure?

Yes, I think you can move ahead with those changes.
Let's see what others are saying...

> It seems to me there is now a clear structure
>
> 1) Neo1973 has internal codename (GTA01xxx)
> 2) Freerunner has internal codename (GTA02xxx)

That is correct.

> Is there someone overlooking wiki structure?

We just hired a full time editor for the wiki. Her name is Brenda and
she will start working after Chinese New Year (mid February). She has
many years experience publishing and writing technical books.
I'd say give her a few weeks to familiarize herself with the whole
thing, then she will slowly start to 'edit' the wiki by cleaning up
broken links, rearranging/grouping content, maybe doing some
translations into Chinese, etc.
If you like please get back to me around mid-February so I can
introduce you to Brenda (she doesn't have an openmoko e-mail account
yet).
We are very determined to get the wiki into better shape.
Brenda will help as an editor.
We also try to improve things on the server. The wiki version we are
using needs to be updated and improved. Search is abysmal. The theme
doesn't look good. etc.
But we have great content, and we will push more internal content into
the wiki as well.

Hope this helps, thanks a lot for your initiative!
Feel free to make the changes you suggested, at least from my
perspective it sounds good.
Wolfgang