tangoGPS, a new gps & mapping software for the Neo

Marcus Bauer marcus.bauer at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 11:25:26 CET 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 10:51 +0100, Lionel Dricot wrote:

> I'm highly interested in your software. I'm curious about a comparison
> with Maermo mapper. And also : how hard do you think it would be to
> port your TangoGPS to Maemo (Nokia N810) ?
>
> Great job !

Quick answer: on a N810 you are happier with maemo-mapper, on the Neo
with tangogps. You have more buttons on the N810 and a landscape screen,
whereas the Neo uses portrait-mode. tangogps was designed to be fast and
to be usable without hardware buttons.

Before porting tangogps the code needs a good deal of clean-up but then
a port is quite straightforward. However, you will want to adapt it to
more buttons and landscape mode.

If you want to port it, I will support you. However, for now I will
focus my work on more features - yet a future port is possible.

Marcus