tangoGPS, a new gps & mapping software for the Neo

Lionel Dricot zeploum at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 12:06:06 CET 2008

Thanks for the quick reply :-)

So, if a I follow you, tango GPS and Maemo Mapper have the same exact goal
(in terms of features). They only differ by their adaptation to their
respective hardware ?

I'm thinking about building a localisation-based feature both on OpenMoko
and Maemo but with an high priority on Maemo. I have the following options :

- Develop with Maemo Mapper then, later, port Maemo Mapper to OpenMoko
- Develop with Maemo Mapper then, later, port my feature to TangoGPS
- Port TangoGPS to Maemo then develop my feature in Tango GPS
- Any other Open Source GPS application in the field ?

However, I'm pleased to hear that porting is quite straightforward. I have
no idea about compatibility between OpenMoko and Maemo apps.

Thanks for the good job !

Lionel