tangoGPS, a new gps & mapping software for the Neo

Schmidt András asch at freemail.hu
Mon Feb 4 15:39:45 CET 2008

Hi community,

Lionel Dricot wrote:
> - Any other Open Source GPS application in the field ?
I am developing one: http://sf.net/projects/yamamap. See wiki on
sourceforge for details. There is a demo on sourceforge but unluckily it
does not work on the Linux devices yet (due to some incompatibilities in
gnu classpath). You can try it on your PC. The current SVN version works
over the Jalimo Java framework and will be released soon.

It views vector based maps offline (stored on flash), and has an own
format. Currently I am creating scripts for map compilation from OSM.
When the scripts are ready I will announce that on this list.

It is already reported to work on N810 and OpenMoko. (I have none of
them yet :-(). There is a Windows Mobile port as well but I will not
develop that any further.

SA