support for using yyyy-mm-dd (2008-01-31) date format in Wiki and elsewhere

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Tue Feb 5 08:59:34 CET 2008

On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 01:27:31 +0100, Jeremiah Flerchinger
<jeremiah.flerchinger at gmail.com> wrote:

> I myself am used to using dates like 04 Feb 2008.  How about just
> inverting this order so it matches what you want, but the abbreviation
> of the month is used?  Then nobody would get confused on what is the day
> & what is the month.

they would if they're not used to the English abreviations for the
months...
I say we use Unix timestamp, then everyone can write their own parser to
format it like they prefer. ;o)

Seriously though, using 2008-feb-01 has the disadvantage of one not being
able to sort by month, where 2008-02-01 sorting and adding/subtracting
months is easier.

Richard