tangoGPS, a new gps & mapping software for the Neo

Marcus Bauer marcus.bauer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 10:53:19 CET 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 08:58 +0100, jan korinek wrote:
> Very good!!! fast and working. Is there a way to predownload some maps
> in some radius? GPRS is expensive :)

I will come up with a collection of regional tgz-files and a script for
downloading.

For now you can simply zoom and drag the map around, tangogps will store
all map tiles for offline use.

Be default it saves maps to /tmp but you can change that in the config.
I use "/media/card/maps/osm". Note: don't add a trailing slash on the
path, there is a bug which makes tangogps crash on that.

Marcus