I dont know why I was supprised

Steven Le Roux steven at le-roux.info
Wed Feb 6 15:53:53 CET 2008

On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 07:59:01 -0500, "Christopher Earl" <earlc8451 at clarkstate.edu> wrote:
> www.openmoko.com
>
> Today I noticed a change that OM has released their CAD files for the case
> of the GTA01, This opens a major door to Case modding. I guess im used to
> closed hardware and tight-liped companies, but i was supprised. I will
> never again own a closed phone.

It has already been discussed with Mickael on this list.

The new part of this, is the communication around. According to Michael, gta02 case is not yet published, therefore I guess there is some differences, but the question is : what is the usefulness with this publication if there is difference between gta01 case and gta02 case ? I mean, the wanted case for someone who want to make alternatives cases would be the gta02 one.

Anyway, this publication, which in and of itslef is a great news for consumers,  is a good way for openmoko.com, showing again to the whole market an alternative way of business.

--
Steven Le Roux
steven at le-roux.info
xmpp:steven at jabber.fr