I dont know why I was surprised

Michael Shiloh michael at openmoko.org
Wed Feb 6 21:55:32 CET 2008

Dear Christopher and the rest of the community.

Thanks for your appreciation. Those of you who have been on this list
for a long time will remember that this came up a number of times. It
was only recently that we were finally able to come to some kind of a
conclusion and release the CAD files.

While we are committed to applying open source principles to as much of
our process and information as possible, deciding what should be made
public and what needs to be kept within the company is an ongoing
experiment. We are in uncharted territory here and we're not sure where
each step leads.

Since you all are part of this experiment, we are extremely interested
in knowing what you will do with these files. Alternative appearances?
Different colors, textures, shapes? Customizing to particular
applications? Expansion? Designing the hardware into other items?

Help us understand the outcome of this experiment by continuing to
provide us with feedback. I read all of your comments, and I do bring
them back to the company.

Sincerely,
Michael