I dont know why I was surprised

Jeremiah Flerchinger jeremiah.flerchinger at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 02:15:55 CET 2008

Michael Shiloh wrote:
> Dear Christopher and the rest of the community.
>
> Thanks for your appreciation. Those of you who have been on this list
> for a long time will remember that this came up a number of times. It
> was only recently that we were finally able to come to some kind of a
> conclusion and release the CAD files.
>
> While we are committed to applying open source principles to as much
> of our process and information as possible, deciding what should be
> made public and what needs to be kept within the company is an ongoing
> experiment. We are in uncharted territory here and we're not sure
> where each step leads.
>
> Since you all are part of this experiment, we are extremely interested
> in knowing what you will do with these files. Alternative appearances?
> Different colors, textures, shapes? Customizing to particular
> applications? Expansion? Designing the hardware into other items?
Things I would like to do with CAD files & case after getting Neo
FreeRunner:
- I don't care about color, as long as I can get black and/or silver
- Elongate case to allow for removable expansion modules
  - experiment with I2C
  - try to get/help build easily removable/reversible camera module (I
can't have a camera at work)
  - play with an AVC-LAN & OBD2 CAN module
  - look into VGA out expansion module that allows for composite sync
- Try to trim down the size of the casing if it doesn't fit well in my
pocket

I would be interested in making a case to meet my personal wishes and
share it with others.  If FIC had a black case that provided for
expansion modules I would save myself the work & get it from them.